First and foremost, let me start off by stating that the accessory platform that ShiftCam is providing is absolutely fantastic! Between the Lenses, The Pro-Grip, LED Panel, Cabling and Case / Mounting Devices and more, this is a HUGE niche market that I believe has a potential to continue onward into the future as mainstream phone(s) and platforms evolve further. All of that being stated, I feel that there are a few Pros and Cons that I feel need to be addressed. Some of them are very clear to many of the users who have previously reviewed these devices, while others are more of an "Observational Opinion" of mine that I feel definitely should also be shared.
1. Items can be ordered either in bundles or as singular items.
2. There are a handful of different senses available for this platform.
3. External Accessories outside normal camera items are also available.
4. You do NOT need to purchase a typical case for certain phones to be compatible with the available lenses.
5. Each of the lenses I have used are clear, free of defects and feel like professional style lenses you would actually use for specific tasks.
Now, this is where we come to several of the Cons that I feel are more objective based on my usage of both Professional DSLR or typical Household Cameras purchased in stores for daily usage. That being stated, here we go:
1. Pricing! Seriously, Pricing could be better.
2. Lack of lens variety
3. No variable-aperture zoom style lenses (Essentially, physical or electronic physical zoom or focal adjustments)
4. Mounting Point for typical thread mounts on handgrip and not under main section of Pro-Grip.
5. Descriptive Documents provided are very lacking. Not much documentation online other than what had already been provided in boxes.
6. The leather case for the most part feels like any other case but with a thin leather back-piece.
Again, this is all an objective opinion based on my usage of this platform, as well as several DSLR and Consumer-Grade Cameras. While I would love the pricing of these items to be less than they are currently, this is still an extremely flexible and useful platform to use for individuals purchasing this for anyone using mobile phones more than actual cameras. While I honestly love this system, this platform does need some fine-tuning, additional lenses and item / accessory availability and a price adjustment before I widely recommend the product to just anyone.
ShiftCam is an example of what truly designing for the user can accomplish.
There are no excesses, no artifices, no buy-begs, and surely no crap nor gimmicks. It's as if they started with the smile on the face of the user, and then bulldozed their brains back to the first sketch.
It feels simple.
It works simply.
.. and as an industrial designer myself, I know that achieving that beautiful - non-vulgar - experience was anything but. Ignore this at your own cost.
I dare you.
This is scam. Cameras incompatible with iPhone 13, Pro. The crew goes on top of your phone’s screen( damaging it). They do not provide a return address or shipping label, do not pay shipping to Hong Kong and charge 20% restocking. There is no response from customer service. All of these is making this gadget not returnable. I will safe and keep re submitting my review as it gets deleted.
I read previous reviews of the Shift Cam grip, but decided it was best to draw my own conclusion of the product as I might miss out on something great!
I was right in following my intuition, though it is NOT nearly a DSLR the positioning afforded to my via the grip has boosted the quality of my shots, a much needed advantage food photography as I consult and write spec for the culinary Industry.
Guys you have out done yourselves and you should be proud!
Just bought the ProGrip just recently and I've noticed that when using it, the battery seems gets hot when using the Qi Wireless while charging my iPhone. Hope it is normal or just only once. Will observe it for a while and post whenever I find something else or update this observation.